Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our vacation!


So last week we went on a long road trip. First we went to St. Louis for 2 days. We went to a place called Meramac Caverns where you could go on a tour underground through the cave system. That was pretty cool. Then we went to dinner and that was about it. The next day we went into downtown St. Louis to Forrest Park, which is bigger than Central Park in NY and really beautiful. We walked around and took pics and went to the zoo. Then we went to the Arch, which was pretty scarey because it was really high up and you sit in a little car cabin on the way to the top for a few minutes and you can see all the stairs going to the top. the view was great, though.

The next day we drove to Oklahoma and stayed with my Aunt and Uncle, then we drove around OK taking pictures and we went to the bombing memorial. We stayed with my cousin the next night, and she took us out for a great steak dinner at this local place. This was some of the best steak I have ever had! We went back to her place and drove around their golf course in their golf cart and went in their hot tub.

The next morning we drove to Dallas to the JFK memorial and then to Ft. Worth where we got to see a cattle drive. I wanted to get cowboy hats, but Ryan didn't think that would be as much fun as I did! But I did get to sit on a cattle! we also went to see where money is made. that was weird - she said "oh, that pile has about 16 million dollars." WOW.

We also went to Arkansas and saw Central HS where the Little Rock Nine went to school during the height of the civil rights movement, and we went to the Pres Clinton Library which was really cool. We also went to Hot Springs where the water flows out of the mountain super clean and SUPER hot. You could see the steam and it actually burns your hand to touch it. The last day was one of the most fun because we just explored the Ozark mtns and we went canoeing on a lake. I took this pic there. There were a lot of butterflys in the park.

So it was over 3000 miles of driving over 8 days, and we went to 4 states. This brings our total to 25 states I believe. It was great.

2 comments:

tiffany knox said...

awesome emily!

~Amanda~ said...

Wow! That sounds like it was an amazing trip! You talk a lot about taking pictures, but I never seen any! Except that one, it's nice. But I'd love to see all the places you went and all the sights you saw! I put up another album on Facebook if you want to check it out.
And I don't know if you know that person with the weird head, but you can put a verification on your comments page. That way, someone has to actually type in a sequence of random letters and then you don't get spam in your comments. It sucks for me, but it's good for you. But hey, maybe you do know this "berto".
I loved reading about your vacation and I'm so glad you had a good time. I hope you have a great 4th!