Monday, December 10, 2007

Being a homeowner...

Well, it is that time again. Time for me to hate being a homeowner. All of you people in apartments are LUCKY - lucky people! dont' get me wrong, we love our house. I am happy there, but it can be a lot of work. And since we both work full time, some stuff just doesn't get done.

Our roof...recently it started making this awful dripping sound and i think it is in the gutters or the downspout on the second story of our house and it is dripping to the first every time it rains, and even for days after. So we can't sleep in our room bc it is soooo loud up there. So finally today I called a roofer. I actually called the guy that did all the replacements after the hail storm. he was pretty rude (I think he was thinking that we were calling him out on something that was supposed to be under warrenty and he didn't want to fix it). He basically said it couldn't be fixed - he was on the phone! He hadn't even looked at it! Besides that, anything can be fixed, it's just a question of money! I told him SOMEONE can fix it, and i was calling him as a starting point, but I would call someone else. And I did. Someone at work gave me the number of a friend of her husbands, and he is coming in the morning! No problem at all. he said - yeah, i can swing by in the morning. Easy! Now it is a matter of how much it will cost to fix. But I will pay it. needs to be done....

Then there is the caulking of the shower that we STILL haven't done! We pulled out the old a few weeks ago, but haven't done this yet. So in other words, we STILL aren't using our master shower....

The Christmas lights are not all going up this year, and that is that. I am (getting) over it.

Then there is the leaking toilet(s). One for sure, the other is a possibility, but it's not as loud or as bad. I'm choosing to ignore that.

Then there is our light fixture...yeah....will that ever be fixed? prob not for a while. I don't do electrical.

So in other words, owning a home is a whole mess of fun and problems. I am hoping to tackle a few of these things this week since I am not having classes again until Jan.

1 comment:

tiffany knox said...

okay you convinced me I am moving to an apartment as soon as my house sells!! Who is your builder? why so many problems thats awful- its got to end sometime emily, chris said that ohio state is a possibility so we'll apply but he has to take a few chemistry classes for his pre r. stuff. we'll see. thanks for posting!