Friday, March 21, 2008

My stolen wallet...

So I hate people! Monday afternoon I went to the bank around 2, so I know I had my wallet when I got back (because I put something away). I went home after work without realizing that someone had come into my office when I ran across the hall and stolen my wallet out of my bag. I was only gone for a minute, and you can't even see my purse from the door. So someone had to come all the way in my office (my door was cracked about an inch, which I do all the time when I am in there! I could have been behind the door for all they knew...) and dig through my bag bc my wallet was in an inside pocket under my clothes and stuff.

So I got a call from my credit card company on monday night to verify some charges. Within 2 hours, they charged about $1,000 at 4 different stores! So I had to cancel everything. It really sucks. We haven't had any money or access to money really for the last few days. Supposedly we will get new cards someday soon, and I set up new bank accounts.

Not to mention that I had about $30 in there, and it was my Vera Bradley wallet (about $25). So dissapointing....

The police are investigating, but I would be surprised to see anything come of it. I would like to know who this person was, though, and if I had seen them in the building. Or worse, if it's someone that works here. Then when I tried to call my credit card company to get more information, it takes them 30 minutes to pull up my acct then they are asking me 20 questions about unrelated events in my life (for security purposes???) THEN tell me that I need to fax 3 documents in before they can even tell me what store location they used it at. FORGET THAT. I wanna talk to someone in America that can actually HELP ME.

1 comment:

tiffany knox said...

thats terrible emily. People in utah dont even lock their doors at night and you are experiencing this!
I am glad you blogged about it. We can be mad together! Ive been crying all day already so I dont mind shedding a tear or two for you...